- 3 Input (SD HDMI/Composite) + 1 Input (Up to 1080p HDMI/RGB/Component/Composite)
- PGM Output (Up to 1080p HDMI + RGB/Component + Composite) + PVW Output (PVW/Multiviewer)
- 480p/576p Progressive internal processing
- Built-in multiviewer with touch control
- Built-in frame synchronizers on all inputs
- Scalers on CH 4 and Output
- 259 Transitions 148 Effects
- HDCP compliant
- Audio Embedding
- Audio Mixer & Delay -up to 4 frames
- ALL-IN-ONE SD VIDEO MIXER WITH HDMI IN/OUT, USB STREAMING OUT, AND BUILT-IN MULTIVIEWER WITH TOUCH CONTROL.
- Accessible and quality video performance and web streaming – The V-4EX – advancing the legendary V-4 and V-8 family to now include HDMI in/out, progressive internal processing, audio embedding, USB streaming and built-in touch monitor.
USB Streaming Out for webstreaming
The Roland V-4EX advances the industry-standard Roland V-4 four channel video mixer by incorporating HDMI inputs/outputs, USB streaming, HDCP support, built-in touch multi-viewer, and audio embedding. These features are added to the strong primary feature set including built-in effects and unique user interface that has made the V-4 one of the besting selling video mixers of all time. See the current VR-3EX Streaming Software Compatibility list for more information on streaming software compatibility.
The Roland V-4EX versatility and unique features make it suitable for many applications, including clubs, concerts, worship, events, meetings, trainings, weddings, education, and sporting events. The V-4EX’s sleek and compact design lends itself to portable applications as well as permanent installations when size and space are considerations.
In addition to a number of powerful video effects, the user interface incorporates dial controls for effects on each bus and master output dial. The innovative design incorporates a video switcher, audio embedding, preview monitor and streaming-ready USB output all in a single unit. Inputs one to three feature composite (BNC) or HDMI while input four accepts HDMI, RGB/Component or S-video. The output features scaled-up HDMI, RGB/component, or SD composite with an additional HDMI output for external preview monitor. The Roland V-4EX features a stereo RCA audio input allowing you to embed audio into the HDMI outputs and USB stream, which are especially useful for web streaming and recording applications. As a USB Video/Audio class device, web streaming is effortless by simply connecting to a computer running a live streaming service. You can also record the output using Roland’s free Video Capture for Windows software or by using Quicktime on a Mac.
Designed to be a live production switcher and web streaming device, the Roland V-4EX features audio embedding, built-in audio mixer with up to 4 frames delay to “lipsync” your video source. It supports HDCP video allowing you to mix copyright protected material such as game consoles and Blu-ray content in your live production. HDMI inputs one to three accept video resolutions up to 480p/576p and HDMI input four accepts resolutions up to 1080p and RGB up to WUXGA (1920×1200). Although internal processing is SD-based, the output can be scaled up to 1080p or 1920×1200.
- Processing 4.2:2 (Y/Pb/Pr), 8 bits (Internal Processing : 480/59.94p when set to NTSC, 576/50p when set to PAL)Audio
- Processing Sampling Rate : 24 bits/48 kHz, 2 ch INPUT FORMATS HDMI Video (INPUT 1 — 3)requires 720×480/59.94p (when
- set to NTSC), 576/50p (when set to PAL)HDMI and Component Video (INPUT 4)480/59.94i, 480/59.94p, 720/59.94p,
- 1080/59.94i, 1080/59.94p (when set to NTSC), 576/50i, 576/50p, 720/50p, 1080/50i, 1080/50p (when set to PAL)HDMI Audio
- (INPUT 1 — 4)Linear PCM, 24 bits/48 kHz, 2 ch RGB (INPUT 4)640 x 480/60Hz, 800 x 600/60Hz, 1024 x 768/60Hz, 1280 x
- 768/60Hz, 1280 x 1024/60Hz, 1366 x 768/60Hz, 1400 x 1050/60Hz, 1600 x 1200/60Hz, 1920 x 1200/60Hz
- * The refresh rate is the maximum value of each resolution.
- * Conforms to VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 11.
- * 1920 x 1200/60Hz : Reduced blanking Composite Video (INPUT 1 — 4)NTSC, PALS-Video (INPUT 4)NTSC, PAL OUTPUT
- FORMAT HDMI and RGB/Component Video (OUTPUT)480/59.94i, 576/50i, 480/59.94p, 576/50p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p,
- 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p
- 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1366 x 768, 1400 x 1050, 1600 x 1200, 1920 x 1200
- * The output format of HDMI and RGB/Component is always the same.
- When an interlaced format is selected, component signal is output from the RGB/COMPONENT connector.
- When a non-interlaced format is selected, RGB signal is output from the RGB/COMPONENT connector.
- * The refresh rates of RGB format is 60 Hz when set to NTSC, 75 Hz when set to PAL (excluding 1600 x 1200 and 1920 x
- 1200. The refresh rate of these 2 is 75 Hz when set to PAL.)
- * RGB formats : Conforms to VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 11.
- * 1920 x 1200/60Hz : Reduced blanking HDMI Audio (OUTPUT)Linear PCM, 24 bits/48 kHz, 2 composite Video NTSC,
- PALPreview Video (PVW OUT)480/59.94p when set to NTSC, 576/50p when set to PAL Preview Audio (PVW OUT)Linear
- PCM, 24 bits/48 kHz, 2 chUSB Video 720×480 when set to NTSC, 720 x 576 when set to PAL, Motion JPEG USB Audio Linear
- PCM, 16 bits/48 kHz, 2 chINPUT CONNECTORS Video HDMI : Type A (19 pins) x 4 (INPUT 1 — 4)
- RGB/Component : HD DB-15 type x 1(INPUT 4)
- Composite : BNC type x 4 (INPUT 1 — 4)
- S-Video : 4-pin mini DIN type x 1 (INPUT 4)Audio RCA-pin type x 1 pair (AUDIO IN)OUTPUT CONNECTORS Final Output HDMI :
- Type A (19 pins) x 1 (OUTPUT)
- RGB/Component : HD DB-15 type x 1 (OUTPUT)
- Composite : BNC type x 1 (OUTPUT)Preview Output HDMI : Type A (19 pins) x 1 (PVW OUT)Other Connectors MIDI : 5 pins
- DIN type x 2 (IN, OUT/THRU)
- USB : B type x 1 (for streaming and remote control)SIGNAL LEVEL IMPEDANCE RGB/Component Signal Level : 1.0 Vp-p
- (luminance), 0.7 Vp-p (chroma)
- Impedance : 75 ohm Composite Signal Level : 1.0 Vp-p
- Impedance : 75 ohms-Video Signal Level : 1.0 Vp-p
- Impedance : 75 ohms Analog Audio Nominal Input Level : – 10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level : + 8 dBu
- Impedance : 15 k ohms OTHER Display Graphic Color LCD, 320 x 240 dots, touch panel Video Effects Transition : Mix, Cut,
- Wipe (259 patterns)
- Composition/Filter : Picture in Picture, Luminance Key, Chroma Key, Strobe, Negative, Colorize, Feedback, Emboss, Multi,
- Mirror etc. (148 types)
- Others : Output Fade, Freeze Power Supply AC adaptor Current Draw 2.0 Accessories adaptor, Power Cord, RCA – BNC
- conversion plug x 2, Owner’s Manual SIZE AND WEIGHT Width (W)225 mm (8-7/8 inches)Depth (D)296 mm (11-11/16
- inches)Height (H)105 mm (4-3/16 inches)Weight 2.6 kg (5 lbs. 12 oz.)All specifications and appearances are subject to